Common Questions

Traffic tickets can be paid in-person at the Violations Bureau window of the Municipal Court at Town Hall or online at

More information can be found at both Kearny Municipal Court‘s website as well as the Hudson County Superior Court‘s website.

Accident reports are available online at For other police reports, contact the Record Bureau at (201) 955-5372 or visit police headquarters.

To retrieve a towed vehicle, visit Kearny Police Headquarters with valid documents. If documents are in the towed car, contact police dispatch for information on the tow yard.

Submit OPRA requests by emailing or in person at the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall.


Visit the New Jersey Civil Service Commission website for police officer positions. For civilian civil service positions, check

Inspections are available at State Police Troop B Headquarters in Totowa and the Life Safety Complex in Paramus.

Instructions are available on the Forms Page of the department’s website. Contact the BCI Unit for further assistance.

Register for vacant house checks at police headquarters by submitting a form.

All discovery requests should be submitted to

Access the registry online through the New Jersey State Police website.

Sign up for emergency alerts through Swiftreach.

Volunteer for the DVRT by applying at police headquarters.

Yes, parking in front of your own driveway is illegal unless authorized by a town ordinance.

Noise regulations are based on quality rather than specific times. Refer to Town Ordinance 4-12 for details.

Complete a registration form at police headquarters to help locate lost individuals with medical conditions.

Contact Bergen County Animal Control for assistance. Visit their website for more information.

Scroll to Top